Sunday, March 27, 2016

22 Minute Hard Corps

Can you get a good work out in only 22 minutes a day, 6 days a week? Can you lose a significant amount of weight and make a lasting life style change on only 8 weeks (9 weeks if you count "Hell Week")? Have I finally hit rock bottom when it comes to my weight? Am I crazy for thinking I can take on a military based working out program?

Wow that is certainly a lot of questions. None of them I am able to answer at this moment.  However 8 weeks (9 weeks) from now I should be able to at least have some of the questions answered. In case you haven't figured it out, Allie and I will be starting Tony Horton's latest incarnation of torture 22 Minute Hard Corps tomorrow, Monday March 28, 2016.

I want to say that I am going to give this a major effort, but am I just setting myself up for failure. Through out my history of weight loss attempts, it is always about trying to do my best. The problem is the word "try".  After all as Yoda says "Do or do not, there is no try." So this time I am not going to try my best. This time I am just going to do it.

I have to admit I am nervous and excited. I have no idea what I am in for, but I am ready to finally make a change. I am tired of being tired. I am tired of everything always hurting. I don't like how I look or feel. I know the changes that I desire will not happen overnight. The food prep is done, thanks to my amazing wife Allie. Sand bags are filled. Hang on tight, it's going to be a hell of a ride.

"Get Some!"

No comments: